Assistance From Design to Fulfillment
RSP can assist our clients in every area of the product development cycle from design and engineering to prototyping to pre-production ramp-up, production, logistics and transportation, warehousing and order fulfillment. Let’s take a deeper dive into what each of these areas means and how RSP can help.
- Design and Engineering: RSP’s product development teams are ready to assist with the early stages of product design. Whether you have an idea, a napkin sketch, a prototype or full design drawings, we assign every new project to a development team. If your project is in the early phases, our team can advise you on material selection, modeling, software, and more. If your project is at a more advanced stage, our team will still review the details to see whether the design, process, or other areas can be improved.
- Prototyping: It is important to prove out a design and test it before moving to tooling or production. RSP has the capability to prototype plastics, silicones, electronics, metals and full turnkey items.
- Ramp-Up and Pre-Production: In this all-important phase, a product moves from prototyping and testing to mass production. The product development team and our client often work closely together to fine-tune details, iron out minor issues that arise or otherwise improve the product. At the same time, the development team works closely with the production team to begin transitioning the project to our quality control team to make sure there is clear documentation and testing in place.
- Production: At RSP, we’re as excited as our clients are to see their products move into production. Whether your product is bound for big-box retail, medical, or to fulfill a crowdfunding campaign, we are always thrilled see the finished product. During this phase, our product development team will formally pass off the project to our production teams while staying in the loop on any important communication.
- Logistics: Once your product is ready to ship, it needs to move efficiently to the destination. RSP ships directly to big-box retailers, warehouses, fulfillment centers, clients and our United States warehouse every day. Our team has experience getting cargo ranging from fragile glass vessels to electric scooters moved around the world, so we know how important it is to get your product where it needs to be, securely and safely. We also understand how difficult this process can be for our clients to handle when they don’t have the in-house expertise or experience.
- Warehousing: Our logistics team handles not only the movement of product but also storage at our facilities in China or our warehouse in Brookfield, WI. China is the perfect hub for shipping throughout Asia, Australia and Europe. Our Wisconsin facility is centrally located in the United States as well as for efficient domestic shipping of product.
- Order Fulfillment: If you have a consumer or industrial product, it ultimately needs to get to the end consumer. RSP warehousing can support your order fulfillment / 3PL needs. This might involve shipping a consumer product direct to them or drop-shipping with Amazon.
In this fast-paced, competitive and ever-changing economy, it’s more important than ever to find a good partner for all phases of your product development cycle. Especially for new companies or when rolling out a new product, having RSP as your end-to-end solutions provider allows you to focus on all the other important details that contribute to your success!